- Keep the layout simple. Reserve complex design for landing pages.
- Use tables. Email clients have strict rules on how they display CSS.
- Clean up your HTML. Spammers are sloppy. Don’t be a spammer.
- Use actual size image. Some email clients will not stretch or tile your images like you think.
- Test, test, test. There are a myriad of email clients out there and they all interpret HTML differently.
- Compose an email in ALL CAPS. That’s a big trigger for SPAM filters.
- Embed videos. Universal video support does not yet exist in email clients.
- Use the word “Free” excessively. SPAM filters might nuke your email.
- Use too many images. Some people don’t load images & if you have too many, they may never see your email.
- Use attachments. Provide links for content
Oh, and one more thing – get them to load the images.
Recap from LoopFuse: http://bit.ly/P9ah4w